Monday

BookReview: Hush Hush By Becca Fitzpatrick


I really enjoyed this book, the characters were just good. I loved everything. This book is surrounded around a boy called Patch and a girl called Nora Grey.


Synopsis:
Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.



For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


My thoughts on the cover: 

Well I actually like the cover unlike most people, well I like the concept but personally I didn't imagine Patch looking this way. I thought his legs would not be as thin and less muscular, I thought his legs would be thicker and more muscular and I didn't expect his hair to be that shape, I didn't expect it to be as long at the back. I though it would be more cropped but maybe i read it incorrectly.




Characters:

Patch is hot as hell! Well Patch is literally every girls dream rolled into a package tall, dark and handsome. He is protective however he is a little over protective and sometimes doesn't think Nora is capable of doing certain things for herself which slightly annoyed me throughout the series not just in Hush Hush.

Nora I loved how strong-willed she could be at certain parts of the book. I really enjoyed how she was able to stand up for herself to Patch at the start of the book however I felt as the story progressed she started to loose that the more she 'fell in love with him' which I felt really annoyed me. I wanted her to be a strong character like she was at the start which really drove me into the story. 

My thought on the plot:

I really enjoyed the storyline but I don't know why but I if I wrote this I would have kept them as friends just because I would have loved something different than most YA fantasy story-lines. But I really enjoyed the angels, the humans and nephilim conflict it just made the story so good. I couldn't help but love the plot.

The writing style:

I really enjoyed the writing styles, the conversation really grabbed me and was funny and full of laughter. The writing helped with the actions scenes and the joyful moments.

The problems:

I found a few problems, one was that Nora was very naive and over forgiving, I know turn the other cheek and everything but if certain things happen you don't forgive someone you have only known for a few weeks or even months.



I would love if you clicked on my Book Depository Link  so I can get a small percentage which helps me out and I hope you enjoyed, bye!

My Link: http://www.bookdepository.com/Hush-Hush-Becca-Fitzpatrick/9781416989417/?a_aid=teenbookblogger





No comments: